SCA at Home:Gulf Wasn't Fashion Show

As everyone knows. Gulf Wars XXIX was cancelled because of the COVID-19 virus. I was very disappointed because I had been working very hard getting prepared.

So as the social media deputy for the Barony of Namron, the Seneschal & I decided to start a virtual fashion show. I was excited to show off my outfits but I was also excited to see what my friends had made. 

I'm only going to post my pictures. If you want to see some of the others, check out the Baronial instagram @baronyofnamron!


The themes were:


Monday- Garb to start in
I loved how nicely this photo came out. The yellow underdress is special because I'd cut it too short but managed to add length with left over fabric. Yay for hoarding all the scraps! The green zapona is my favorite. It was a gift from a friend who really helped kickstart my obsession with Rus garb.


Tuesday- Ansteorra/Namron best
my least favorite photo. I had nearly forgotten to post it. I've since cut the bottom hem off (because it was terribly sewn with my machine) and I added some Ansteorra star block printing to it! See?
Let me tell you, I'm OBSESSED with block printing. There WILL be more posts on my adventures with it. (I have a post about my first block printed tunic I'm writing even!)

Wednesday- fighter kit/spectator outfit
Not going to lie, I had a BLAST posing for this "spectator outfit" photo. I even made sure my mug wasn't touching the lip of the container ;) I have more of that gorgeous trim that I intend to add to the bottom portion of my navershnik. Which, it wasn't even trim to begin with! It was ghazi white fabric with two stripes of the yellow at the bottom. I just took my sheets to it & made trim.....and used the white fabric for a headscarf! Yesss.

Thursday -Court Garb
When I first made this dress it was just the yellow and orange. Which I instantly felt like a traffic cone. (Friends called it a candy cane. Which is cuter for sure.) 

My lovely friend Vicountess Violet helped me fix my neckline size and break up all the traffic cone orange with this GORGEOUS shiny blue fabric. It really makes my outfit so much better. I can't wait to wear this to coronation. Early period can be just as fabulous as later period!!

Friday - Knowne World Party.
the Knowne World Party's theme this year was supposed to be "mythology" and I thought about going as Persephone or Medusa because they are iconic & important inspirations in my life.

But then I realized I didn't really have or want to pack a whole outfit. So I bought a super long wig & ordered a SCA Nudist t-shirt (alas I have to have it shipped to my house now instead of picking it up from war).

I was going to be the "naked" Lady Godiva & I was going to be the MOST comfortable person at the party ! 


I am sad Gulf Wars was cancelled but safety is always way more important. Next year I will be ready. 

But I'll probably make more before then lol

Comments